The WaterKINGDOM Engineering Technologist plays a critical role in the ongoing development, sales and installation of new product offerings. The Engineering Technologist will play a crucial role in developing the parts and products that will make up the next generation of ProSlide rides.
- Create project specific engineering documents for manufacturing, mechanical plans and construction.
- Work with Project Managers and Contractors to deliver projects from kick off through install.
- Interact with other departmental teams (e.g. ride design, sales, operations and customer service) to ensure that projects achieve milestones and deadlines.
- Adjust priorities to meet project schedules.
- Track projects to ensure that projects remain on schedule and are fully documented.
- Help develop work instructions and liaise with installation and commissioning teams as well as on-site work as required.
- Use AutoCAD to complete MEPs, Track Support Plans, Part Sequence Plans and other project specific tasks.
You may also be called upon to:
- Support the Product Lines by following ProSlide’s Product Development Process by performing 3D modeling and configuration management of mechanical components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Work within existing protocols – and develop new ones – for creation and file storage.
- Maintain and rework of existing parts, assemblies and drawings to conform to current protocols.
- Evaluate new configurations to optimize design effectiveness and manufacturability.
- Create SolidWorks models, parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Create fabrication part drawings for use by our suppliers.
- Adhere to ProSlide’s quality processes by completing documentation (change notices and temporary deviations) while ensuring adherence to governing design codes and standards.
- Prepare technical specifications for supporting structures
- Review and approve design documents to ensure they adhere to the specific standards for the project.
- Review and approve engineering documents from suppliers to ensure they adhere to the specific details for the project.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure new products are optimally designed for manufacturing.
- Assist with communications with customers or vendors via site visits, conference calls, etc.
- On-site product and ride verification; international travel required (up to 25%).
What You Bring to the Role
- Advanced Diploma in Engineering Technology or foreign equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Technologist with a background in design of mechanical products.
- Advanced training and ability in CAD programs such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Previous experience in Entertainment and Leisure industries, tourism, or Parks and Recreation would be a definite asset.
- Attention to detail and strong analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills.
- Strong drive to deliver quality work.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, and professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal intervention.