The WaterKINGDOM Engineering Technologist plays a critical role in the ongoing development, sales, and installation of new product offerings from our WaterKINGDOM product line. They will use their superior analytical and creative skills to optimize all CAD tools to deliver accurate drawings sets to our clients and suppliers.
- Generate 3D CAD models, parts, assemblies and drawings of components for Aquatic Play Structures
- Create fabrication part drawings for use by our suppliers.
- Convert 3D model drawings to 2D construction working drawings
- Create assembly manuals for Aquatic Play Structures using SolidWorks
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure new products are optimally designed for manufacturing.
- Work with Structural Engineers to ensure new products are designed for desired life under site specific conditions.
- Coordination between design and engineering functions to ensure the design specifications and procedures are adhered to.
- Follow up and verify completed documents prior to shipping to client.
- Undertake studies and gather information for process improvements related to materials, design standardization, work efficiencies and general requirements set out by various countries
- Collaborate and review work completed by outsourced detailing contractors
- Adjust priorities to meet project schedules.
- Help develop work instructions and liaise with installation and commissioning teams as well as on-site work as required.
You may also be called upon to:
- Support the Product Lines by following ProSlide’s Product Development Process by performing 3D modeling and configuration management of mechanical components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Work within existing protocols – and develop new ones – for creation and file storage.
- Maintain and rework of existing parts, assemblies and drawings to conform to current protocols.
- Evaluate new configurations to optimize design effectiveness and manufacturability.
- Adhere to ProSlide’s quality processes by completing documentation (change notices and temporary deviations) while ensuring adherence to governing design codes and standards.
- Prepare technical specifications for supporting structures
- Review and approve design documents to ensure they adhere to the specific standards for the project.
- Review and approve engineering documents from suppliers to ensure they adhere to the specific details for the project.
- Assist with communications with customers or vendors via site visits, conference calls, etc.
- On-site product and ride verification; international travel required (up to 25%).
What You Bring to the Role:
- Advanced Diploma in Engineering Technology or foreign equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Technologist with a background in design of mechanical products.
- Advanced training and ability in SolidWorks.
- Experience with AutoCAD is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in Entertainment and Leisure industries, tourism, or Parks and Recreation would be a definite asset.
- Attention to detail and strong analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills.
- Strong drive to deliver quality work.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, and professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal intervention.