Do you want to join a winning team and work in one of the coolest industries – water ride design and manufacturing, but don’t think you have the right experience? You may already have what it takes!
ProSlide has a wide array of technical products that utilize electromechanical systems. These products include our award winning HydroMAGNETIC Coasters which use linear induction motor (LIM) technology. It also includes the latest innovation in water propulsion, RocketBLAST, and our SkyBOX drop capsule.
As the Systems Engineer, your core mandates are:
- Design reviews of electrical, control system, and software-related products (i.e. systems engineering).
- Systems engineering implementation of technical products into external projects at World’s Best Waterparks around the world.
- Resolving technical issues, both with products in production and worldwide in the field
- Define, develop and deliver effective knowledge transfer and functional training programs for internal stakeholders
- Development of product and technical requirements for systems engineering development projects.
- Delivery of product development projects with a systems engineering scope.
- Implementation of systems engineering technology into external projects.
- Assisting with control system hardware/software design, specification, configuration, programming, simulation and testing, working closely with ProSlide systems integrators
- Reviewing systems-related sub-contractor deliverables and schedules, ensuring they satisfy quality, safety and reliability requirements and comply to relevant local and international standards.
- Contribution to Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and Production Readiness Reviews satisfying program requirements and deliverables prior to production.
- Perform Material Source inspections and Factory Acceptance Testing as per program contract/agreement or per ProSlide internal requirements.
- Perform Site Acceptance Testing, including devising a work plan outlining the work breakdown structure, timelines, resource requirements and external service costs.
- Review and ensure final Technical Data Packages (TDPs) are complete and reflect as built/installed product.
- Define and develop handover training and testing plans for client operators, maintainers and other stakeholders.
- Training, coaching and mentoring of both internal and external project partners in application of systems engineering technology
- Travel to project sites, supplier/vendor locations, and tradeshows as required (50% International Travel)
What You Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years of related experience, including any of the following:
- Industrial controls
- Motor and pump control
- Conveyor systems
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with programming, configuration and installation of Allen Bradley ControlLogix and/ or Siemens SIMATIC PLCs
- Experience with Ignition, Siemens and/ or Allen Bradley Panelview HMI software
- Product development, project engineering and/or systems engineering project implementation experience
- Knowledge of domestic and international electrical codes
- Proven track record managing customer relationships and interactions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and a proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated ability working with minimal supervision, managing own time effectively and maintaining control over all current projects. Follow up on all relevant issues
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – with both technical and non-technical audiences