Do you want to join a winning team and work in one of the coolest industries – water ride design and manufacturing, but don’t think you have the right experience? You may already have what it takes!
We are looking for a CAD Technologist to join our winning team! The CAD Technologist plays a critical role in preparing 2D Structural Engineering drawing packages with the use of AutoCAD. Experience in 3D AutoCAD modeling is also required as you will be required to model and review steel structures.
- Generate 3D CAD models of steel structures as directed by the Structural Engineers or Tower Designers;
- Prepare 2D construction drawings from 3D models of steel structures;
- Review shop drawings of steel structures from various steel fabricators worldwide;
- Possibility to produce shop drawings;
- Knowledge of Advance Steel will be considered an asset;
- Gather and organize all technical information pertinent to each contract’s scope of work;
- Work on library of standard details in AutoCAD;
- Work with design and engineering functions to ensure the design specifications and procedures are adhered to;
- Managing and maintaining specific project details in AutoCAD;
- Assist installers in the field by providing information and details as required by phone/email;
- Prepare documentation in various Microsoft office programs, Excel, Word, etc.;
- Assist the Structural Engineering team with various tasks when required;
What you bring to the role:
- Civil/Structural Technologist Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ experience in AutoCAD 2D and 3D
- Experience with Advanced Steel or Tekla considered an asset
- Attention to detail and strong analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships across multi-functional groups.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, and professional environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, self-starter and energetic.
- Ability and desire to learn through online tutorials