We are looking for a driven Sourcing Buyer with a “can-do” attitude to join our Manufacturing Operations team. This is an amazing opportunity to grow and develop your procurement career with an industry leading water ride company
As a key member of the Procurement team, you will help execute a supply plan that supports project requirements, customer needs and sales forecasts. You will perform day to day purchasing and reporting activities as they relate to the Project, Product Development and NPI teams that you will be interfacing with. To support our global growth, you will initiate contact with, evaluate and on-board new suppliers of both existing and new commodities.
- Work closely with New Product Introduction Teams and Manufacturing Engineering to source and develop a Supply Chain for existing and new commodities where it does not already exist, with particular focus on steel procurement and Electrical/Mechanical assemblies.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders to suppliers and sub-contractors for timely receipt of goods to meet project/customer requirements.
- In collaboration with purchasing team, negotiate optimum pricing solutions and order policies, terms and conditions with suppliers and sub-contractors with consideration and compliance to applicable laws, policy, codes, and regulations.
- Develop and implement Supplier Agreements for Key, Critical or Strategic Suppliers.
- Develop and maintain supplier and sub-contractor relationships and strategic alliances to ensure continuous flow of materials throughout the supply chain. Use forecasting and negotiating skills in order to maintain supply of critical inventory items and devises supplier stocking programs where suitable and applicable.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and metrics in order to improve supplier performance.
- Review, evaluate, and monitor purchase requisitions for proper authorization, specifications, and legal compliance
- Global travel to supplier sites may be required.
- 3-5 years of progressive procurement experience, with experience purchasing structural and other types of steel.
- Experience with turnkey outsourced Electrical/Mechanical assemblies.
- Experience working in a project based, engineer-to-order or construction environment.
- Degree or diploma in Materials Management, Supply Chain or related field. PMAC/SCMP designation an asset.
- Ability to read drawings and knowledge of applicable software (AutoCAD, Inventor etc.) a definite asset
- Demonstrated success building relationships and collaborating with teammates, colleagues and suppliers
- Experience using PLM and ERP software. Knowledge of MS Business Central is an asset
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Customer centric mindset and strong customer management skills.
- Highly motivated, efficient and focused, with strong time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.