When the best resorts and parks in the world need an amazing new water ride they call ProSlide. Our customer’s success is always our success! We deliver cutting edge water rides around the globe!
The Ride Designer’s primary task is to help park owners and clients envision and realize their dreams of the next great ProSlide ride attraction!
Highly collaborative, they act as the first conceptual step; leading the initial design conversation with creative visuals and effective solutions. All while adhering to industry standards and best practices for ride performance and safety.
- Work closely with the Sales & Master Planning departments to create innovative water ride designs for various clients all over the world.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to Set-The-Course for the project and develop individual ride design strategy.
- Quickly build value-based conceptual ride proposals that correspond directly to the needs of the client while simultaneously maintaining ProSlide’s industry leading ride-experience design.
- In some cases, travel domestically and internationally to collaborate directly with the client.
- Work closely with tower designers, Support designers and Ride Design Technologists to ensure the budget targets for each proposal is met effectively.
- Lead preliminary design reviews, where the design will be weighed against the proposed strategy: Illustrate how the product adheres to the consumer need and ride demographic; propose unique and creative solutions to challenges; communicate adherence to safety standards and ProSlide’s best practices; Provide confident proof of the proposed ride path and outcome of the experience.
- Participate in ride commissioning, ensuring the constructed rides are effectively commissioned and handed off to the client.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Industrial Design or equivalent.
- 1-4 years of design or related experience with specific examples of strong design leadership.
- AutoCAD experience is considered a strong asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate effective visual and conceptual skills.
- Customer focused and committed to exceeding customer’s expectations.
- Team player and enjoy an environment that encourages collaboration both within an established team and across departments.
- Strong problem solving skills to address challenges and offer solutions.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can balance multiple projects, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Desire to innovate and challenge the status quo
- Must be able to travel internationally and willingness to ride waterslides
- Must demonstrate some experience with 3D modelling software.
- A willingness to learn new processes and software.