Do you want to join a winning team and work in one of the coolest industries – water ride design and manufacturing, but don’t think you have the right experience? You may already have what it takes!
ProSlide designs, manufactures and builds the world’s most innovative water rides. You know, the ones that you might have enjoyed at Disney World, Great Wolf Lodge, Six Flags and Kalahari; to name just a few? We’ve already won 100+ industry awards — more than all other water ride companies combined. (If there was an award for winning awards, we’d win it!) For our customers, this innovation means water rides that attract more guests, increase repeat visits and truly differentiate their parks.
Product Development Structural Engineer
We are looking for a Structural Engineer to provide the ongoing development of new product offers! You will get to be a part of key programs, creating and improving the parts, products and structures that will make up the next generation of our award winning ProSlide rides!
- Create models for input to FEA software
- Define and participate in key development programs
- Perform research on metal structures, composites, and new composite technologies including manufacturing methods. Evaluate new configurations to optimize design effectiveness and manufacturability.
- Perform analysis and design of new and existing structures using applicable international building and design codes/standards.
- Document analysis and research with formal engineering and calculation reports and technical notes.
- Draft Design Specifications and Statements of Work to be submitted to 3rd party outsourced work.
- Monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and standards.
- Support the approval process for ProSlide products through various international regulatory agencies.
- Liaising with design team and provide input on the geometry of new ride types and ride features.
- On-site product and ride verification
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Structural Engineering or Composites Engineering. MSc. Engineering considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil, mechanical or industrial engineering.
- Experience taking a project from ideation through testing and commercialization.
- Experience with structural modeling and analysis software such as Tekla, STAAD.Pro, Ansys, or Solidworks.
- Experience FEA analysis of metal and composite (or hybrid) structures.
- Expertise in structural steel design to CSA-S16 and/or equivalent international standards.
- Experience designing structural components for static and fatigue loading.
- Experience seeking-out technical opportunities and preparing ROI/business case analysis.
- Excellent computer skills in the development of 3-D FE models.
- Experience with CAD programs such as Solidworksand AutoCAD.
- Attention to detail and strong analysis skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, and professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic.
- Occasional travel both within Canada and outside of Canada