Would you describe yourself as high energy? Motivated? Go Getter? We may have just what you are looking for!
The Product Development Engineer plays a critical role in the development, installation, and validation of new waterslide product offerings!
- Complete the technical data package (drawings and documentation) of new and existing parts and products.
- Develop Design specification for new product development projects
- Work closely with designers to develop new waterslide parts and products
- Create budgets, project plans, design specifications, and develop test plans for new waterslide components.
- Research applicable standards to evaluate new product compliance.
- Use computation fluid dynamics tools to evaluate the flow path and the velocity of water to validate and determine the ride performance.
- Develop Risk Assessments and Hazard Analyses for all new products and ride types.
- Track projects to ensure that projects remain on schedule and are fully documented.
- Update Operation and Maintenance Manuals on a project by project basis.
- Help develop work instructions and liaise with installation and commissioning teams as well as on-site work as required.
- Adhere to ProSlide’s quality processes by completing documentation (change notices and temporary deviations) while ensuring adherence to governing design codes and standards.
- Onsite ride verification for validation of new products (new waterslide designs).
- Interact with other departmental teams (e.g. ride design, sales, and customer service) to ensure that product development projects achieve milestones and deadlines.
- Conduct Design reviews throughout the product development process
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure new products are optimally designed for manufacturing.
- Support the Product Lines by following ProSlide’s Product Development Process by performing 3D modeling and configuration management of mechanical components, sub-assemblies and assemblies and managing any 3D printing of prototypes.
- Support Customer Service team by troubleshooting issues as they arise (on site or remotely).
- Assist with communications with customers or vendors via site visits, conference calls, etc.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD.
- Strong analytical and communications skills both verbal and written needed to interface with internal technical teams and internal customers.
- Ability to plan and execute team projects in a very fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of computational fluid dynamics, explicit dynamics and composite modelling
- Knowledge of FRP design
- Experience in product development
- Ability and willingness to travel is required. (Up to 30%)