We are looking for a motivated and results-driven Procurement Manager to join our Manufacturing Operations team. Due to our continued global business growth and supply chain requirements, our team requires someone with strong global procurement experience, exceptional analytical and planning capabilities, and a solid understanding of logistics, coupled with the instinctive ability to drive action and effectively communicate with suppliers.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a proactive, results-orientated leader with a collaborative approach that builds long lasting relationships and aligns people, teams and business processes.
- Lead and manage a team of 3 buyers
- Manage the procurement function across the business; sourcing and purchasing all goods to meet project/customer requirements.
- In collaboration with VP, Manufacturing Operations, oversee global supply chain to evaluate and select major suppliers, and third party design/manufacturing partners.
- Devise and implement efficient sourcing strategies in collaboration with the VP, Manufacturing Operations
- Supplier Lifecycle Management: qualification, selection, RFQs, contracts, communication and relationship building
- In collaboration with VP, Manufacturing Operations, review and assess total supply chain risk and identify opportunities to minimize risk
- Working closely with the Operations Engineering Manager, manage supplier performance management and supplier qualification systems.
- Identify opportunities to reduce lead times, optimize inventory, and improve two-way communications with our partners
- Manage inventory strategy, warehouse contracts and year-end inventory reconciliation
- Work closely with Manager, Production Planning to gain best understanding of forecast and production needs.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Logistics Manager and logistics team
- Monitor standard pricing and order policies, terms and conditions with suppliers and subcontractors, with consideration and compliance to applicable laws, policy and regulations
- Determine areas for process improvement and develop implementation plans
- Track and present key performance indicators, lessons-learned, and corrective actions.
What you bring to the role:
- Degree or diploma in Materials Management, Supply Chain, Business or related field.
- SCMP designation is an asset
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Procurement/Supply Chain role
- 5+ years of management experience
- A broad-based manufacturing operations skillset in contract manufacturing, inventory and supply chain. Experience in construction environment considered an asset
- Must be experienced with ERP – MRP systems
- Strong leadership skills and ability to build and develop a high performing team
- Demonstrated success building relationships and collaborating with colleagues, suppliers and vendors
- Strong customer service and quality orientation.
- Proven aptitude for negotiation
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Highly motivated, efficient and focused
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
- Flexible team-orientated attitude and ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), listening, and collaboration skills.