Are you interested in pursuing a fun and exciting career in the Entertainment and Leisure Industry?
ProSlide Technology, the World Leader in Waterpark innovation, is looking for talented self-motivated designers to join our Master Planning team. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Landscape Architect, Architect or Urban Planner who wants to work hard at having fun!
ProSlide’s Worldwide Headquarters are located in Ottawa, Ontario and our innovative attractions have been built around the world for clients like Disney, Universal Studios, Six Flags, Palace Entertainment, Cedar Fair, OCT, and many more! (For more Information on ProSlide, please visit our website at www.proslide.com).
Our Master Planning team currently consists of 12, all Landscape Architects. Everyday, we work with visionary clients around the world to realize their dreams and design the world’s best water parks. Our team is highly creative, developing storylines and themes to create immersive and compelling environments, and preparing illustrations, 3D renderings and conceptual master plans to demonstrate unparalleled guest experience.
We are eager to accept applications and portfolios from qualified candidates who are interested in pursuing a long-term career in the waterpark industry.
The Master Planner plays a critical role in creating design concepts for a wide variety of waterparks. This includes incorporating guest capacity, flow, and aesthetic and other functional requirements into the design. As part of the Master Planning team, you will use your superior analytical and creative skills to envision and create a design — that includes ProSlide’s award-winning waterslides — for the world’s best waterparks.
Along with a great attitude and a passion for learning, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Fluency in the Master Planning Process, from Concept to Completion
- Master Planning Concept Development
- Creative process, critical thinking, and spatial design.
- Program development & space use planning.
- Provide significant input into the creative process for concept development, program development and space use planning.
- Translate designs and concepts into illustrative representations using both free-hand and computer-aided tools.
- Evaluate expected circulation and congestion to maximize convenience and minimize bottlenecks.
- Manage projects from initiation, through all stages of planning and design, execution and completion.
- Communicate your design intent through high quality presentations and deliverables.
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated experience in landscape design, park design, or similar complex design environments.
- The ability to synthesize multiple elements that influence the effective design of complex systems.
- Superb hand graphic abilities.
- Proven experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AdobePDF, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Experience with SketchUP
- Experience using AutoCAD for drafting, grading and detailing designs.
- Previous experience in Entertainment and Leisure industries, tourism, or Parks and Recreation would be a definite asset.