This 12 month contract position is responsible for interpreting, drafting and revising legal contracts and providing overall advice and support to various business units both buy and sell side. Specific responsibilities and focus will vary depending on the source of the request. This position involves interaction with all groups within the organization.
- Review, interpret, negotiate, and advise on contents of sales agreements, SOWs, supplier agreements, consulting agreements, leases, purchase order terms, etc. with particular attention to potential legal, financial, and/or commercial risk and other issues.
- Draft and revise agreements working with key stakeholders to ensure the agreement terms reflect the project at hand.
- Take an active role in negotiations working with key stakeholders to reach a finalized agreement.
- Update and manage a library of standard Ts&Cs, policies and procedures.
- Conduct legal research and analysis.
What You Bring to the Role
- Bachelor of Arts, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience providing comprehensive legal contract review, interpretation, drafting and negotiating.
- Experience assessing legal and commercial terms for potential risk on a global scale.
- Comfortable providing guidance to key stakeholders, including the executive management team by evaluating and highlighting risk.
- Solid analytical skills, capable of solving problems and using sound judgement.
- Detail orientated and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent team player capable of working independently and taking initiatives.
- Proactive and takes initiative to bring projects to completion
- Self-motivated, hardworking, smart and energetic team player with excellent communication skills
- IP Management experience considered an asset