The Financial Analyst will be a key member of the Finance and Business Support team, seeking to work for a growing global industry leader. This role provides financial support to help drive the growth of ProSlide’s business. This role will be a partner to the stakeholders by providing accurate, transparent and meaningful analysis to support key business decisions.
This position is a one (1) year contract with possibility of extension.
Financial planning & analysis:
- With Sales, prepare sales projections and contribution margin analysis to support efforts by region or product type
- Preparation of Monthly forecasts and month end analytical reporting
- Assist the annual budgeting process in conjunction with relevant departments
- Review, analyze and interpret financial performance of the organization, and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the business
- Work closely with Director of Finance to develop and implement new planning and forecasting tools to provide forward-looking information to stakeholders
- Assist driving corporate dashboard reporting, to provide meaningful data to the business
- Provide recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Provide analysis for ad hoc requests
- Manage sales and use tax filings in compliance in the U.S. and other jurisdictions, with assistance of service providers.
- Supporting the team to Provide input into Treasury strategy
- Supporting the financial analysis team with Risk Management
What you bring to the role:
- Progress towards an accounting designation would be considered an asset but is not mandatory
- Financial analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with dashboard software or other BI analytics software is an asset
- Exposure to tax would be an asset
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to communicate and present reasons for assumptions, formulating compelling business cases
- Detail orientated and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent team player capable of working independently and taking initiatives.
- Proactive and takes initiative to bring projects to completion
- Self-motivated, hardworking, smart and energetic team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong oral and written skills, able to present information effectively and clearly to management and executives.