If you are an experienced finance person who is looking for a 3 day a week part-time finance position that will play a critical role in supporting the day-to-day operations of the finance team, this is a great opportunity for you! The Finance Administrator will help with various finance team activities, execute internal controls and help ensure the accuracy and completeness of receivables, payables and various balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciling daily bank transactions
- Preparation of various expense data exports and journal entries
- Assisting with audit requests
- Various ad hoc tasks
- Processing of weekly customer invoices
- Timely posting of cash receipts and invoices in the accounting system
- Maintaining organized filing structure of vendor invoices
- Processing of weekly payment batches for EFT, cheque and wire payments.
- Monthly vendor statement reconciliation and invoice follow-ups
- Invoice review and entry into accounting system
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in specialprojects, liaising with key stakeholders or ad hoc analyses/projects as assigned.
What You Bring to the Role
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting or Finance is considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of accounting practices, policies and procedures
- Strong analytical and MS Excel skills (essential)
- Excellent team player capable of working both independently and in team environment
- Detail orientated and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated time management skills, ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Can build positive working relationships both inside and outside of the finance team