We are looking for an Estimating Manager looking for a chance to expand their experience into unique and exciting water park and water slide projects.
You will lead a team of estimators in a multi-disciplinary environment and oversee the end-to-end estimating process. As a leader who sees the big picture, you will demonstrate a positive proactive approach and are committed to working collaboratively with all key stakeholders to win business.
- Manage, coach and develop the Estimating Team
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Participate in proposal kick-off meetings; effectively communicate with the proposal team to ensure effective communication among all relevant stakeholders
- Review the bid and provide and communicate costing to sales and other stakeholders to ensure it meets bid requirements
- Review estimates prepared by the Estimating Team, to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Maintain and update product and service cost structure based on input from Product Lines, Operations & Finance.
- Lead the development of improvements to estimating processes, procedures, systems and tools. Ensure tight process and systems integration between design/structural engineering and costing for FRP, tower and steel column costing estimates
- Compile and analyze data on all factors that influence costs
- Develop tools and automation for data mining
- Oversee workload of estimating team to maximize efficiency of the workforce and meet operational requirements
- Review and analyze actual project costing and production information against estimates, and develops historical databases
- Be aware of industry trends in order to gain and maintain competitive advantage and effective bid strategies
What You Bring to the Role:
- College diploma in construction estimation, civil engineering technology, or architectural technology
- 10+ years of relevant experience in commercial construction estimating
- 5+ years of progressive management experience and proven ability to optimize team performance and development
- Advanced knowledge of estimating techniques and experience using spreadsheets and complex estimating and pricing models
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Strategic thinking, action orientated and ability to maintain a focus on both the big picture and the details
- Strong leaderships skills and demonstrated effective communication, collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to track down information quickly and accurately
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Proven contribution to the development of improvements to estimating processes, procedures, systems and tools
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slideyour resume over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org