We are looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technologist to join our Coasters Product Management team! The Coasters Product Management team (PMT) supports ProSlide’s technical lifecycle from sales through to ride verification and customer handover. You will help oversee and manage product installations in conjunction with Project Managers, Technical Advisors and other project stakeholders to ensure that the technology is being installed as per specification.
We are dedicated to our customers’ success and we’re with them from end to end, and we don’t leave until everything works. You will be customer facing in this role and you will need to be comfortable in front of clients and are able to assess on site situations and deliver comprehensive field site reports to project and product teams. With projects being all over the world and our approach of creating lifelong partnerships and delivering top quality service, naturally travel is a large part of the job.
- Manage customer site crews, electricians, technicians and general labour and oversee construction services related to controls implementation, electrical and cabling architecture for Coaster rides. Oversee the “Power up” procedures and SAT’s for all coaster projects
- Be the prime Point of Contact and SME for technical product operations for customer service, Sales and product development.
- Act as Technical Field Installation SME in client meetings assisting in defining project technical specifications, scope of work, risk identification, installation plans and test strategies.
- Create work content/standards and troubleshooting guides/work instructions
- Write concise and comprehensive site reports
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Testing as required
- Involved in ride commissioning/verification as required
- Participate in NPI post-mortems to capture lessons learned
- Follow established safety procedures to ensure safety on a job site
What you bring to the role:
- Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Customer focused and able to effectively communicate and build relationships with customers
- Willingness to travel and do what it takes to get the job done right – which can mean evening and weekend hours if required. Travel is around 60%.
- Strong planning, prioritization and organizational skills and naturally thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-starter, results orientated and able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong troubleshooting skills and able to solve complex problems. You demonstrate perseverance and resilience in the pursuit of solutions – there is always a way!
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and schematic drawings
- Well rounded team player who is energetic, flexible and solid interpersonal skills
- Able to handle pressure, tight deadlines and high stress situations and respond in a calm and professional manner