Do you want to join a winning team and work in one of the coolest industries – water ride design and manufacturing, but don’t think you have the right experience? You may already have what it takes!
We are looking for an Electrical Controls Engineer to join the Coaster Product Management team. The coaster Product Management team supports all technical products and this includes HydroMagnetic and RocketBLAST coasters as well as SkyBox, ProSurf and ProWave. As an Electrical Controls Engineer you would be working in a wide range of subjects, from development all the way through to final delivery and even supporting customer service. A component of this role will be client facing with travel across the globe to some of the world’s most premier waterparks. You will need to comfortable in front of clients and in high stress situations and be able to act professionally. Travel will be required so a current passport and no travel restrictions are mandatory.
As the Electrical Controls Engineer, your core mandates are:
- Design reviews of electrical, control system, and software-related products (i.e. systems engineering).
- Systems engineering implementation of technical products into external projects at World’s Best Waterparks around the world.
- Resolving technical issues, both with products in production and in the field
- Perform product development initiatives with a systems engineering scope
- Implementation of systems engineering technology into external projects.
- Development of the systems architecture, software development and verification deliverables for the electro-technical deliverables.
- Contribution to Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and Production Readiness Reviews satisfying program requirements and deliverables prior to production.
- Perform Material Source inspections and Factory Acceptance Testing as per program contract/agreement or per ProSlide internal requirements.
- Perform Site Acceptance Testing, including devising a work plan outlining the work breakdown structure, timelines, resource requirements and external service costs.
- Review and ensure final Technical Data Packages (TDPs) are complete and reflect as built/installed product.
- Review systems-related sub-contractor deliverables and schedules, ensuring they satisfy quality requirements.
- Define and develop handover training and testing plans for client operators, maintainers and other stakeholders.
- Travel to project sites, supplier/vendor locations, and tradeshows as required 60%
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, including any of the following:
- Industrial controls
- Motor and pump control
- Conveyor systems
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with programming, configuration and installation of Allen Bradley ControlLogix and/ or Siemens SIMATIC PLCs
- Experience with Ignition and/ or Allen Bradley Panelview HMI software
- Product development, project engineering and/or systems engineering project implementation experience
- Knowledge of domestic and international electrical codes
- Proven track record managing customer relationships and interactions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and a proactive can-do attitude.