Do you want to join a winning team and work in one of the coolest industries – water ride design and manufacturing, but don’t think you have the right experience? You may already have what it takes!
ProSlide designs and builds the world’s most innovative water rides. You know, the ones that you’ve enjoyed at parks owned by Canada’s Wonderland, Disney, Great Wolf Lodge, Six Flags and Kalahari; to name just a few. We’ve already won more than 80 industry awards — more than all other water ride manufacturers combined. (If there was an award for winning awards, we’d win it!). For our customers, this innovation means water rides that attract more guests, increase repeat visits and truly differentiate their parks.
We are looking for a Cost Estimator to join our winning team! If you have estimating experience in the construction industry, with an eye for detail and strive for excellence with a positive demeanor, then you have the skills we’re looking for! Together, we will help you apply them to our industry.
Our estimating staff contribute to our organization in a big way. Having accurate pricing is paramount to our success. We are looking for a driven individual, who is ready to learn and work collaboratively in a close-knit team. In this job consistency is key, so we need someone who is tenacious and detail driven.
- Prepare estimates for materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Work closely with Sales, Design, Master Planning and Project Management departments to develop accurate estimates
- Review the bid and provide and communicate costing to sales and other stakeholders to ensure it meets bid requirements
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and/or materials.
- Review and qualify quotes submitted by sub-trades to ensure full coverage of divisional scopes.
- Ensures that estimates reflect current costs and that the costing database is kept up to date
- Review of completed projects vs. the estimates for improvement of accuracy of future estimates
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, construction estimating experience preferred
- Quantity Surveying, engineering or accounting related degree would be an sset
- Math, statistics and analyst experience is highly valuable
- General construction knowledge and ability to interpret construction/engineering drawings
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent mathematical and analytical abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and motivated to learn new skills.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Excellent time management, organization and priority defining skills.
- Work well under pressure, resourceful and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Dynamic team player with excellent communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills.