Our rides are diverse, custom and have an international scope. You will work at the hub of the team responsible for understanding our costs and preparing cost estimates. Working in the Finance department, you will review and understand customer requirements and scope, liaise with all internal stakeholders to gather costing information for estimates, review and analyze our cost models, and review and improve our internal processes and tools
- Build and maintain strong cross functional relationships across the business
- Preparing costs and estimates for projects during the sales and project budgeting phases
- Review incoming projects for scopes of work and project information to ensure customer requirements are captured prior. Interface directly with Sales Operations & Proposals to identify and clarify the scope of work.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers, working closely with Sales, Sales Operations, Projects Managers, Engineering, Product Development, Operations and other stakeholders to maintain a constructive feedback loop between pre-contract and post-contract phases
- Undertake and host costing reviews with internal SME’s to ensure accuracy, benchmark against other projects and perform scenario comparisons and sensitivities on cost estimates, reflecting analysis of project factors and risks.
- Prepare estimate summaries and present costing to sales and other stakeholders
- Compare and analyze actual to estimated costs of completed projects, identify and document root causes of any discrepancies and lessons learned to future estimates. Maintain feedback loops and to use actual cost data to improve estimating.
- Work with SME group to analyze cost structure and identify opportunities for cost reductions
- Working with the Chief Financial Officer and other stakeholders, recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives to increase the efficiencies and effectiveness of various processes and tools.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Engineering or Technical Field
- 3-5 years of experience in estimating and/or financial analysis in manufacturing/construction industries
- Passion for numbers, an eye for detail and a curiosity that drives your motivation to under how things work
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong research and analysis skills and ability to present reasons for assumptions
- Effective relationship building capabilities
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage shifting priorities.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and takes initiative to solve problems
- Strong communication skills, able to present information effectively and clearly to Sales and Executives.