We are looking for a driven Buyer with a “can-do” attitude to join our Manufacturing Operations team. This is an amazing opportunity to grow and develop your procurement career with an industry leading water ride company!
As a key member of the Procurement team, you will help execute a supply plan and coordinate purchasing activities to meet project requirements, customer needs, and sales forecasts. You have a proven track record of maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders and are known for your proactive approach and sense of urgency in meeting the needs of customers and internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders to suppliers and sub-contractors to meet project/customer requirements.
- Monitor standard pricing and order policies, terms and conditions with suppliers and subcontractors, with consideration and compliance to applicable purchasing regulations.
- Effectively manage and expedite urgent purchasing requirements.
- Take responsibility to ensure on-time delivery through collaboration with the purchasing team and logistics.
- Maintain effective supplier and subcontractor relationships to ensure continuous flow of materials throughout the supply chain.
- Work closely with Production Planning to understand forecast and fibreglass production needs.
- Responsible for item life cycle management and related activities to engineering change management (ECN) and coordination of returns and/or repairs.
- Prepare and respond to internal or customer demands on stock to our inventory outsourcing partners
- Review, evaluate, and monitor purchase requisitions for proper authorization, specifications, and legal compliance.
- Local travel to supplier sites may be required.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 3-5 years of progressive procurement experience, with experience purchasing mechanical parts and components.
- Experience working in a project based, engineer-to-order or construction environment.
- Degree or diploma in Materials Management, Supply Chain or related field.
- PMAC/SCMP designation or enrollment is an asset.
- Demonstrated success building relationships and collaborating with colleagues and suppliers
- Experience using PLM and ERP software, experience with MS Business Central is an asset
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Mechanical aptitude is a definite asset
- Customer centric mindset and strong customer management skills.
- Highly motivated, efficient and focused.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and competing priorities.