We are looking for a Structural Engineering Technologist to join our winning team! You will play a critical role in preparing cost effective and safe structural support drawings for water slides.
- Generate 3D CAD models of steel supports as directed by the Structural Engineers;
- Gather and organize all technical information pertinent to each contract’s scope of work – ie. Access project specific codes and compliances;
- Produce, manage and maintain dynamic blocks and a library of standard details in AutoCAD (pertaining to supports);
- Coordination between design and engineering functions to ensure the design specifications and procedures are adhered to;
- Prepare basic mechanical and electrical estimates relating to water flow, electrical loads and conveyors;
- Undertake studies and gather information for process improvements related to materials, design standardization, work efficiencies and general requirements according to local standards dictated by various countries;
- Review ride designs for technical completeness;
- Prepare documentation in various media such as CAD, PDF, MS-Word, JPEG, etc.
What you bring to the role
- A Diploma or a degree in Structural or Civil Engineering Technology
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in 3D CAD design
- Experience in AutoCAD, Advance Steel and/or REVIT an asset
- Experience reading and interpreting architectural, structural and civil drawings
- Attention to detail and strong analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships across multi-functional groups.
- Spatial awareness.
- Basic Mechanical and Electrical knowledge.
- Excelling problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and professional environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, self-starter and energetic.
- Work knowledge of the at least some of the international standards and codes like ASTM, ACI 318, AISC; Eurocodes 1, 2 and 3, British Standards BS 6399 and 5950, Australian standards AS/NZS 1170 and 4100.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your cover letter and resume over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!