ProSlide is the amusement industry’s premier global water slide manufacturer and water park designer. We design and manufacture the highest-performing water rides for the world’s best park destinations including Six Flags, Sea World, Disney, Atlantis Sanya, Siam Park, Great Wolf Lodge, Palace Entertainment and Universal Studios. ProSlide has pioneered almost every major water ride innovation and we have over 80 industry awards to prove it! For our customers, this innovation means water rides that attract more guests, increase repeat visits and truly differentiate their parks.
As the Site Foreman you come into work every day knowing that you are a key leader in installing new and exciting water rides. We have projects all over the world so you can be deployed to various locations throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and South America. Deployments will be up to eight (8) weeks in duration, with trips home to Ottawa between installation projects.
You enjoy leading construction projects and you have proven experience consistently delivering, on time and within budget, projects that exceed client expectations.
This is a hands on position that can include installing, leading crews and training others.
- Responsible for preparing work instructions and assigning tasks for ProSlide installation personnel or subcontractors to ensure optimum consistency of methods, results, adherence to schedules and budgets
- Assist in the preparation of detailed plans and budgets for the installation phase of water ride projects and track all construction costs
- Supervise installation activities to ensure all work is completed according to the schedule and meets quality standards
- Effectively manage employees by providing leadership, guidance and mentorship as needed
- Provide daily reports and other status reports to inform Project Manager, client and other members of ProSlide of the status of installation activities
- Review of engineering output for accuracy and completeness
- Participation of “take-offs” for material supply requirements
- Ensure that all materials, supplies, tools and equipment are procured in a cost effective and timely manner
- Negotiation with suppliers of equipment, products and services to reduce costs and maximize margins for all installation related activity and costs
- Provide feedback to Project Managers and Cost Estimating department on installation and material costs for contract proposals
- Ensure periodic maintenance and proper storage of construction equipment and tools
- Represent ProSlide in a manner which builds positive relationships with customers and other industry vendors
- Administration of ProSlide’s Job Safety Program to ensure optimum compliance to the highest level of safety practices in the industry
- All other duties as required
- Post-secondary education/trades certificate or equivalent in experience
- Minimum 10 years’ construction experience, with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office- Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
- Previous experience in amusement industry an asset
- Experience installing electro-mechanical systems in an asset
- Experience in project planning and managing budgets
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, documents and technical procedures
- Proactive and able to manage multiple priorities
- Effective problem-solving skills, with the ability to make good decisions that will meet or exceed project targets
- Ability to combine a focus on the big picture with a keen attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to build relationships with employees, subcontractors and clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel to sites as required
If interested please slide your resume over to us at email@example.com. We want to see your creativity, design skills and personality!