ProSlide is the amusement industry’s premier global water slide manufacturer and water park designer. We design and manufacture the highest-performing water rides for the world’s best park destinations including Six Flags, Sea World, Disney, Atlantis Sanya, Siam Park, Great Wolf Lodge, Palace Entertainment and Universal Studios. ProSlide has pioneered almost every major water ride innovation and we have over 80 industry awards to prove it! For our customers, this innovation means water rides that attract more guests, increase repeat visits and truly differentiate their parks.
Projects Director – China
As part of ProSlide’s growth in China, we’re looking for a driven, collaborative and results orientated Projects Director with strong commercial construction experience to join our Asia Pac Operations team.
Since our first Asian project in the early 1990s, ProSlide has become a trusted partner to the region’s top water parks. China is the fastest growing market and our Shanghai office serves as an operations hub in Asia Pacific, where we manage all aspects of project delivery, including project management, engineering, logistics, customer care and more. It complements our existing business development teams in Beijing and Seoul.
Reporting to the Vice President, Asia Pacific Operations, you will provides leadership and management to the Project Managers who are in turn each responsible for the successful delivery of large scale construction projects from initiation to project close. You play an integral role in maximizing the performance of the project management team through strong leadership, training and mentoring. This role requires a high degree of team leadership, master organization and high degree of effective communication within your team.
- Oversee the China Project Management function managing multiple projects concurrently from contract signing to successful completion of Ride Verification or Type Testing.
- Responsible for project cash flow management, financial and project reporting and schedule management for on-time delivery/project completion.
- Responsible for the adoption of project management, vendor management and cost control best practices to maximize project margins and seek opportunities for revenue augmentation.
- Lead or active stakeholder in the preparation, analysis, review, approval and management of project execution paperwork to manage and document projects throughout their life cycle.
- Ensure project contract obligations are understood by all stakeholders, requirements are flowed down to sub-contractors and deliverables are achieved by all parties, including commissioning of buildings and equipment.
- Resolve project, personnel or customer conflicts or issues as required.
- Support Project Managers in managing client relationships and effective communication strategies with the customer’s corporate hierarchy.
- Prepare and present progress reports to VP, Asia Pac Operations and Executive Management team. Escalate roadblocks in project schedule/budget and propose corrective actions
- Conduct project risk analysis and develop/implement actions to mitigate risks.
- In collaboration with the VP, Asia Pacific, identify hiring needs and secure appropriate talent for project execution.
- Set clear project objectives, monitor performance and provide feedback to improve employee execution skills for overall project delivery effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for effective synchronization of departmental roles and responsibilities, goals and objectives between Ottawa functional managers and the China/Asia-Pacific Office.
- Responsible for local in-country “Health and Safety” requirements compliance and the proper implementation and adherence to ProSlide’s Job Safety Program.
- Ensure that business is conducted with the highest standards of quality and integrity
Location & Travel Requirements:
- Position Location: Based out of Ottawa
- ProSlide to cover travel and accommodations
- Travel Requirements: up to 30% to China and at times to the Asia Pacific region
- 10+ years’ experience in project management in the civil or commercial construction industry
- Must have successfully led and delivered large scale projects to time and budget in a pressurized environment
- Minimum 5 years in a management or leadership role
- Education – Project Management Professional designation or a combination of equivalent experience and education e.g. Advanced Project Management Certificate.
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project
- Exceptional analytical skills and excellent business acumen with the ability to deal with all financials that relate to projects.
- Ability to fit into an entrepreneurial culture with a roll-up-the-sleeves attitude. A strong bias for action, and someone who is dedicated to delivering outstanding results.
- Proven ability to build and maintain high performing teams
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in an effective manner
- Innovative and open to new concepts, proactive and solutions orientated.
- Passionate about continuous improvement assisting in the growth of the company, increasing efficiency, service and overall productivity.
- Team player and consensus builder who collaborates with others to achieve common goals.
- Sets the overall business objectives as priority over individual or functional interests.
- The ability to communicate in Chinese (verbal and written) is not required, but is a definite asset
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at email@example.com