As the Project Manager you are responsible for the active management of projects within established schedules and budgets, typically from the engineering phase through to final inspection and ride testing. This important role requires an energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and the willingness to undertake international travel as and when required.
- Managing and overseeing multiple projects concurrently, focusing on on-time delivery, maximizing margin through cost control and revenue enhancement and minimizing warranty claims through effective quality control.
- Act as the prime point of contact and liaison between the client, ProSlide and its partners.
- Prepare, analyze, review, approve and manage the execution of project paperwork, including costing, estimating, contract documents, project schedules, budgets, invoices, applications for payment, change orders, cost reports, purchase orders, subcontractor bid documentation, project close-out reports and other paperwork necessary to manage and document projects through their lifespan.
- Monitor and manage the activities of the Installation Team, Technical Advisors and subcontractors on the project job site to ensure optimum consistency of methods, results, adherence to schedules and achievement within budget limitations.
- Review, code and approve invoices from vendors and time sheets generated by the Installation Team.
- Assist with the timely collection of revenue from clients.
- Manage procurement activities including sourcing of new materials and vendors.
- Provide regular input, guidance and performance feedback to the installation team.
- Participate in the hiring and evaluation of installation personnel and the selection of contract personnel for specific work assignments.
- Timely reporting of project variances from established schedules and budgets.
- Provide assistance to the Director of Finance with maintaining and updating ProSlide’s Cost Advisor.
- Liaise with various departments (sales, engineering, procurement, shipping, manufacturing, etc.) to complete project paperwork and maintain appropriate project records.
- Responsible for health and safety matters and to ensure ProSlide’s Job Safety Program is adhered to in accordance with industry’s best practices.
- Execute responsibilities according to lawful and ethical standards in a manner that is consistent with ProSlide’s corporate values.
- All other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience in construction with considerable time spent on the project site .
- Education – Project Management Professional designation or a combination of equivalent experience and education e.g. Advanced Project Management Certificate.
- Registered Project Manager (Level 1) is an asset
- Hands on experience with MS Project and other project management tools considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be prepared and capable of travelling to Canada and throughout Asia Pacific on a regular basis.
- Detailed oriented with exceptional analytical skills and the ability to deal with all things financial as they relate to the projects on hand.
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Innovative and open to new concepts, proactive and solutions orientated.
- Passionate about continuous improvement assisting in the growth of the company, increasing efficiency, service and overall productivity.
- Excellent time management, multi task, organization and priority defining skills.
- Exceptional ability to listen, communicate and collaborate.
- Fluent in both Chinese and English with good written/verbal communication skills in both languages.
- Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, fun and professional environment.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel without restriction to Canada and throughout Asia Pacific.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!