As Project Engineer you will be responsible for the coordination of engineering activities and documentation related to the design and construction of structural elements including towers and support systems for water slides. You will manage multiple engineering projects and interact with project managers, clients, sub-contractors and consultants to deliver quality structural solutions on time and on budget. You will also be involved in Quality control of Electrical testing, mechanical testing, fiberglass and steel Factor Acceptance Testing (FAT).
- Prepare ride layout drawings including x,y,z coordinates for all ride support locations
- Gather, prepare and distribute all information pertaining to the Proposal and Engineering drawings, including coordination with architects and engineers
- Gather and organize all information required for the implementation of contract scope of work
- Coordinate between design and engineering functions to ensure the design specifications and procedures are adhered to
- Maintain contact with suppliers throughout the project in order to provide Project Managers with accurate real time information regarding budget and schedule
- Develop and propose new techniques and processes to improve productivity
- Manage project quality plans – Source Inspections, Factory Acceptance Testing- for new projects to ensure all deliverables are achieved in a timely manner as defined by project schedules and timelines
- Oversee the completion of the RFP compliance matrices
- Work with the design team to ensure the compliance matrices test results satisfy the product performance requirements and attributes as detailed in the functional specification
- Manage third party test facilities to perform independent verification and compliance testing
What you bring to the role:
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science degree or Technologist degree
- Mechanical Designer or Technologist background
- Experience with AutoCAD, up to Release 2008; experience with SolidWorks an asset
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to be collaborative and work as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines coupled with strong time management and organizational skills
- Architectural/Civil/Structural design and surveying would be an asset.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!