We are looking for a Product Development Engineer-in-Training to join our Product Engineering team. The Product Development EIT plays a critical role in the ongoing development, sale and installation of new product offerings through the use of mechanical engineering principles, finite element analysis and project tracking.
- Develop new products following ProSlide’s Product Development Process. The process includes developing project budgets, schedules, design specifications, developing and completing test plans of new parts or products, and completing the technical data package (drawings and documentation).
- Perform market and intellectual property research used to evaluate potential new products prior to entering the development cycle.
- Develop and Establish Risk Assessments and Hazard Analyses for all new products and ride types.
- Develop finite element models for the design of FRP composite elements, steel structural elements and other metals.
- Use computation fluid dynamics tools to develop finite element models of water slides to evaluate the flow path and the velocity of water to validate and determine the ride performance.
- Develop explicit finite element simulations to evaluate the rider and vehicle interaction with water flow and ride path.
- Track projects to ensure that projects remain on schedule and are fully documented.
- Evaluate new configurations to optimize design effectiveness and manufacturability.
- Prepare technical specification for supporting structures.
- Ensure adherence to governing design codes and standards.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure new products are optimally designed for manufacturing.
- Ensure new product verification and validation requirements are complete and documented.
- Onsite product and ride verification for validation of designed products. International travel is required.
- Check design documents and working drawings.
- Adhere to ProSlide’s quality processes including change notices and temporary deviations.
- Assist with communications with customers or vendors via site visits, conference calls, and other means of communication, such as Statements of Work.
- Interact with the technical team to ensure that various product development projects achieve milestones and deadlines.
- Provide interdepartmental training sessions and presentations regarding new products.
- Support Customer Service team with remote and in-field troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD.
- Experience with finite element software (ANSYS, ABAQUS, Nastran). Knowledge of computational fluid dynamics, explicit dynamics and composite modelling is an asset.
- Strong analytical and communications skills both verbal and written needed to interface with internal technical teams and internal customers.
- Ability to remain current with industry trends and changes.
- Ability to design tooling for new products and product modifications.
- Ability to plan and execute team projects in a very fast paced environment.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org