ProSlide is the amusement industry’s premier global water slide manufacturer and water park designer. We design and manufacture the highest-performing water rides for the world’s best park destinations including Six Flags, Sea World, Disney, Atlantis Sanya, Siam Park, Great Wolf Lodge, Palace Entertainment and Universal Studios. ProSlide has pioneered almost every major water ride innovation and we have over 80 industry awards to prove it! For our customers, this innovation means water rides that attract more guests, increase repeat visits and truly differentiate their parks.
Project Management Office Director
Reporting to the COO, the Director, Project Management Office will build and lead the PMO into a best in class operation capable of driving and supporting the successful delivery of large scale construction projects to meet business objectives and revenue targets.
Responsible for the overall project management function and providing leadership, coordination and management of the PMO processes and functions. This position will develop and drive adoption of Project Management standards, processes and tools that improve the consistency, predictability and efficiency of the organization’s project delivery capability.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and adoption of Project Management Office processes, procedures and practices to maximize project margins.
- Oversee the Project Management Office, comprised of the Project Management & Field Services functions; that deliver concurrent capital projects from contract signing to successful completion of Ride Verification or Site Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible for project cash flow management, financial and project reporting on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for project Schedule management and updates for on-time delivery and project completion.
- Prepare and present progress reports to Executive Management team. Escalate roadblocks in project schedule/budget and propose corrective actions.
- Lead the development and implementation of a “project controls” and KPI dashboard for the PMO functions.
- Ensure project contract obligations are understood by all stakeholders, requirements are flowed down to sub-contractors and deliverables are achieved by all parties, including commissioning of equipment.
- Lead or active stakeholder in the preparation, analysis, review, approval and management of project execution paperwork to manage and document projects throughout their life cycle.
- Conduct project risk analysis and develop/implement actions to mitigate risks.
- Proactively provide overall leadership to Project Managers, Project Coordinator & Manager, Field Services effectively coaching and mentoring, delegating authority and measuring results.
- Support Project Managers in managing client relationships and effective communication strategies with the customer’s corporate hierarchy.
- Responsible for “Health and Safety” requirements compliance and the proper implementation and adherence to ProSlide’s Job Safety Program
- Set clear project objectives, monitor performance and provide feedback to improve employee execution skills for overall project delivery effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to champion transformation/change management, influencing others to adopt PMO guidelines.
- Ensure that business is conducted with the highest standards of quality and integrity.
Location & Travel Requirements:
- Position Location: Based out of Ottawa
- ProSlide to cover travel and accommodations
- Travel Requirements: up to 25%
- Minimum 10 years’ working within a construction PMO with at least 5 years management experience leading a Project Management Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. PMP Certification preferred.
- Extensive experience with international large-scale construction project delivery.
- Strong financial and budget management experience and capabilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in building, managing and leading high performance teams.
- Hands-on leader, visionary, and problem solver with a passion for excellence.
- Demonstrated change management leadership capabilities to drive significant process and behavioral change throughout an organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of business implications of decisions; orientation to profitability; and knowledge of market and competition.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and manage expectations of all stakeholders
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying risks to implementations and associated mitigation strategies.
- Thrive in challenging and changing environments
- Demonstrated ability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate assertiveness and persistence.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at email@example.com