We are looking for a driven NPI/Sourcing Buyer to join our Manufacturing Operations team. This is an amazing opportunity to grow and develop your procurement career with an industry leading water ride company!
Working with the Manufacturing Operations Team, you will help execute a supply plan that supports customer demands and sales forecasts. You will perform day to day purchasing and reporting activities as they relate to New Product Introduction Teams that you will be interfacing with. To support our continued global growth, you will initiate contact with, perform surface audits and extensive supplier visits/audits for new suppliers of both existing and new commodities.
- Work closely with New Product Introduction Teams and Manufacturing Engineering to source and develop a Supply Chain for new commodities as well as existing commodities.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders to suppliers and sub-contractors for timely receipt of goods to meet project/customer requirements.
- In collaboration with purchasing team, negotiate optimum pricing solutions and order policies, terms and conditions with suppliers and sub-contractors with consideration and compliance to applicable laws, policy, codes, and regulations pertaining to purchasing.
- Develop and implement Supplier Agreements for Key, Critical or Strategic Suppliers.
- Develop and maintain supplier and sub-contractor relationships and strategic alliances to ensure continuous flow of materials throughout the supply chain. Use forecasting and negotiating skills in order to maintain supply of critical inventory items and devises supplier stocking programs where suitable and applicable.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators and metrics in order to improve supplier performance.
- Review, evaluate, and monitor department purchase requisitions for proper authorization, specifications, and legal compliance; and maintains files related to purchase orders, purchasing, and other department files including those pertaining to vendors, bids, quotes, and other correspondence.
- Global travel to supplier sites will be required for this position.
- Degree or diploma in Materials Management, Supply Chain or related field.
- 3-5 years of progressive procurement experience in a public or private sector environment.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated, efficient and focused.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success building relationships and collaborating with colleagues, vendors and suppliers.
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and competing priorities.
- Certificate: Level 4 of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada’s Certified Professional Purchaser Program or Certified in Production and Inventory Management is desirable.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at email@example.com