The Drafter plays an important role in supporting the Operations team and their supplies with a complete technical documentation package (TDP) with respect to templates, drawings and defined processes. The Drafter will document and verify the parts, assemblies and processes required to produce the different generations of ProSlide rides with a strong focus on verification of existing tooling and documentation.
- Create SolidWorks models, parts, assemblies, and drawings.
- Work within existing protocols for file creation and storage (PDM software)
- Create fabrication part drawings for use by our suppliers
- Prepare technical specifications for products
- Check design documents and working drawings and mentor design team
- Involved in the Change Notice (CN) process by either creating necessary documentation or verifying the information contained on others.
- Assist in First Article Inspections (FAI) of parts, tooling and assemblies at our Suppliers to ensure accuracy with our documentation.
- Create costing reports and Bill of Materials (BOM) for kits and assemblies in order to ensure the cost are in-line with our expectations.
- Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technology diploma
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience
- Understanding of drafting standards
- Excellent computer skills in the development of 3D models
- Ability to create technical drawings of parts/assemblies, assembly details and associated BOMs, and field installation details
- Experience using SolidWorks and other CAD programs such as AutoCAD
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Enjoy learning and working with people
- Willing to accept responsibility, work independently and follow directions
- Ability to set and maintain personal task schedule in a fast-paced and professional environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at email@example.com.