ProSlide is looking for an Industrial Designer to join our Product Development team! The Product Development Industrial Designer plays a critical role in the ongoing development, sale, and installation of new product offerings. The Designer will develop the parts and products that make up the next generation of ProSlide rides.
- Support all phases of the Product Development Process
- Create concept designs of new products taking into account the requirements of the design specification and vision of the product
- Understand the human factors of all products
- Develop concept designs into more detailed designs
- Aid team in design process – from concept development, feasibility to production
- Lead design reviews to harvest valuable feedback for design improvements
- Create SolidWorks models, parts, assemblies, and drawings
- Work within existing protocols – and develop new ones – for creation and file storage
- Maintain and rework of existing parts, assemblies and drawings to conform to current protocols
- Evaluate new configurations to optimize design effectiveness and manufacturability
- Create fabrication part drawings for use by our suppliers.
- Perform analysis and design of structures (mainly in steel, composites, and reinforced concrete) using applicable building and design codes/standards (US and Canadian)
- Monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and standards.
- Prepare technical specifications for products
- Check design documents and working drawings and mentoring design team
- On-site product and ride verification; international travel required
- Bachelor of Industrial Design degree from a Canadian university or foreign equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience as an Industrial Designer with a background in product design
- Excellent computer skills in the development of 3-D and FE model
- Advanced training and ability in Solidworks and CADD programs such as AutoCAD
- Knowledge of in-mould fiberglass production an asset.
- Experience with composites design in an asset
- Previous experience in Entertainment and Leisure industries, tourism, or Parks and Recreation would be a definite asset.
- Attention to detail and strong analysis skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, listening, and collaboration skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, and professional environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team, self-starter and energetic
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at email@example.com