ProSlide is the world leader in water ride design and development. Our wide array of products are world’s best and we take great pride in ensuring each one adheres to our high standards of quality and performance.
ProSlide has a wide array of technical products that utilize electromechanical systems. These products include our award winning HydroMAGNETIC Coasters which use linear induction motor (LIM) technology. It also includes the latest innovation in water propulsion, RocketBLAST, and our SkyBOX drop capsule.
As the Electrical Controls Engineer, your core mandates are:
- Lead the development of electrical, control system, and software-related products (i.e. systems engineering).
- Lead the systems engineering implementation of technical products into external projects at World’s Best Waterparks around the world.
- Develop complete list of product and technical requirements for systems engineering development projects.
- Lead product development initiatives with a systems engineering scope
- Lead implementation of systems engineering technology into external projects.
- Perform a technical capacity and capabilities gap analysis identifying resource loading requirements for Product Development planning purposes and external specialty engineering services to satisfy program deliverables.
- Specify and oversee the development of the systems architecture, software development and verification deliverables for the electro-technical deliverables.
- Lead Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and Production Readiness Reviews satisfying program requirements and deliverables prior to production.
- Perform Material Source inspections and Factory Acceptance Testing as per program contract/agreement or per ProSlide internal requirements.
- Lead SATs including devising a work plan outlining the work breakdown structure, timelines, resource requirements and external service costs.
- Ensure manufacturing, inspection and test records submitted to client team by ProSlide, its suppliers, sub-contractors and service providers are complete and accurate, and satisfy requirements.
- Oversee and approve any and all Engineering Change Order requests as well as notices for product performance and material delivery impact.
- Review and ensure final TDP’s are complete and reflect as built/installed product.
- Be the prime engineering POC for all matters related to Systems Engineering, Supplier Audits and Reporting, Factory Acceptance Testing for Controls, Conveyors and Software management.
- Manage all systems’ related sub-contractor deliverables and schedules satisfying quality requirements.
- Define and develop handover training and testing plans for client operators, maintainers and other stakeholders.
- Define and develop safety related SW, and System Architecture requirements, IAW ISO 13849.
- Travel to project sites, supplier/vendor locations, and tradeshows as required (25%)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- PMP Certificate is a definite asset
- Minimum 5 years’ of related experience, including experience with industrial controls
- Product development and/or systems engineering project implementation experience
- Knowledge of domestic and international electrical codes
- Proven track record managing customer relationships and interactions
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership, and a proactive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated ability working with minimal supervision, managing own time effectively and maintaining control over all current projects. Follow up on all relevant issues
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – with both technical and non-technical audiences
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your cover letter and resume over to us at email@example.com