The Director of Engineering will be responsible for all aspects of the Project Engineering team including sub-contractors’ project deliverables related to Water Ride engineering, manufacturing and construction. The incumbent will manage team workloads, devise project schedules, coordinate internal/external resources and ensure all documentation satisfies stringent quality and industry standards. The Director will partner with the Structural Engineering team to implement common CAD systems, evolve robust Quality System processes and sound Quality Engineering practices, for source inspections, client site audits and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT). The incumbent will also source, manage and evolve our sub-contractor engineering partners’ capabilities and report on project performance metrics.
- Manages the Engineering teams and ProSlide’s Structural Engineering sub-contractors.
- Responsible for resource loading, project schedule compliance, quality/accuracy of project deliverables and project reports.
- Oversees the aggregate resource capacity planning function and devises strategies for peak overload periods.
- Manages sub-contractor SOW’s, project deliverables and services agreements.
- Interfaces with clients to review project deliverables, determine specifications, devise project plans for the various engineering phases and delivers project reports as required.
- Explores and implements sound synergy strategies between clients, ProSlide and engineering sub-contractors related to CAD systems, document management, processes and standardization of work.
- Responsible for the development of Quality Management System (QMS) processes and procedures for the engineering department.
- Oversee fabricator source inspections for steel and related components.
- Reviews and ensures compliance to international standards and local building codes.
- Reviews and inspects work undertaken by fabricators, sub-contractors and field crews as required.
- Administers sub-contractor services agreements in conjunction with ProSlide Legal department.
- Attend and inspect site work as required ensuring compliance to standards, specifications and contract requirements.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in managing civil or structural engineering teams in a construction environment.
- Experience and demonstrated results in project management, sub-contractor coordination, process development and CAD system implementation (AutoCAD, Revit, Tekla, BIM and others)
- Master’s Degree in Architectural/Civil/Structural engineering
Experience in Strategic Planning and proven results in Annual Operating Plan goals management and achievement of objectives.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!