Do you want to join a winning team and work in one of the coolest industries – water ride design and manufacturing, but don’t think you have the right experience? You may already have what it takes!
ProSlide designs and builds the world’s most innovative water rides. You know, the ones that you’ve enjoyed at parks owned by Canada’s Wonderland, Disney, Great Wolf Lodge, Six Flags and Kalahari; to name just a few. We’ve already won more than 80 industry awards — more than all other water ride manufacturers combined. (If there was an award for winning awards, we’d win it!). For our customers, this innovation means water rides that attract more guests, increase repeat visits and truly differentiate their parks.
We are looking for a Cost Estimator to join our winning team! If you have estimating experience in the construction industry, with an eye for detail and strive for excellence with a positive demeanor, then you have the skills we’re looking for! Together, we will help you apply them to our industry.
Our estimating staff contribute to our organization in a big way. Having accurate pricing is paramount to our success. We are looking for a driven individual, who is ready to learn and work collaboratively in a close-knit team. In this job consistency is key, so we need someone who is tenacious and detail driven
- Work independently or with other estimators to prepare estimates for materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Work closely with Sales, Design, Master Planning and Project Management departments to develop accurate estimates and review the accuracy of scope definitions as well as constructability.
- Able to provide rough order of magnitude estimate based on concepts when require
- Prepare full or partial quantity take offs using AutoCad.
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and/or materials.
- Review and qualify quotes submitted by sub-trades to ensure full coverage of divisional scopes.
- Complete client bid forms and documents required for submission.
- Assist with the research and preparation of change requests to resolve design issues.
- Validate pricing consistency by maintaining information concerning previously quoted work.
What you bring to the role:
- College Diploma or Technical Certification.
- Minimum of 3 years construction estimating or related experience.
- Cost controls experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement and pricing.
- General construction knowledge; understanding specifications, methods and procedures.
- Numerical with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is an asset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and motivated to learn new skills.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Work well under pressure, resourceful and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Dynamic team player with excellent communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at email@example.com!