We are looking for a Cost Estimator to join our winning team! If you have estimating experience in the construction industry, with an eye for detail and strive for excellence with a positive demeanor, then you have the skills we’re looking for! Together, we will help you apply them to our industry.
Our estimating staff contribute to our organization in a big way. Having accurate pricing is paramount to our success. We are looking for a driven individual, who is ready to learn and work collaboratively in a close-knit team. In this job consistency is key, so we need someone who is tenacious and detail driven.
- Work independently or with other estimators to prepare estimates for materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Work closely with Sales, Design, Master Planning and Project Management departments to develop accurate estimates and review the accuracy of scope definitions as well as constructability.
- Able to provide rough order of magnitude estimate based on concepts when required
- Prepare full or partial quantity take offs using AutoCad.
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and/or materials.
- Review and qualify quotes submitted by sub-trades to ensure full coverage of divisional scopes.
- Complete client bid forms and documents required for submission.
- Assist with the research and preparation of change requests to resolve design issues.
- Validate pricing consistency by maintaining information concerning previously quoted work.
- College Diploma or Technical Certification.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years construction estimating or related experience.
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement and pricing.
- General construction knowledge; understanding specifications, methods and procedures.
- Numerical with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and motivated to learn new skills.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Work well under pressure, resourceful and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Dynamic team player with excellent communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your cover letter and resume over to us at firstname.lastname@example.org