The Accountant – Intern will play a supporting role in the Finance department assisting with the preparation and support before and during the audit. You will have an understanding of financial statements and have done some preparation, even if in theory at University. As part of the finance team, you will use your superior skills and attention to detail to assist in the fiscal close out of the books and records.
- Perform account reconciliations, including assisting with the intercompany balancing for a large corporate structure
- Assist with transactional entries
- Analyze multiple years of projects to assist in determining product line productivity
- Assist in providing external auditors with information required to complete audit
- Ad hoc projects
- Inventory analysis
- Revenue analysis of products
- 3rd or 4th year student in Bachelor of Accounting or related field.
- Knowledge of reconciliations, variance analysis, journals, accruals, overhead variance analysis
- Well-rounded student comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-starter with creative problem-solving ability who isn’t afraid to tackle any challenge – big or small
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficient in Excel with experience with pivot tables, macros
- Previous private company experience is considered an asset
If you are interested in being considered for this career opportunity, please slide your resume over to us at email@example.com.